"A Remodel For Less By Rick Company"
Ashburn, Va 20148
Ashburn, Va 20148
VirginiaRemodelings.com is a Remodel For Less by Rick Company
We are under no obligaion to provide everyone with an estimate. We generally only provide written estimates to those who are seriously ready to contract work and when we feel there is a "compatability match" between ourselves and our potential clients.
For a basement remodel, you'll have to consider walls, ceilings, flooring, lighting, and insulation. If you're adding a bathroom, then you'll deal with installing countertops, cabinets, a toilet and even a shower or bathtub. All of these options mean various price ranges, depending on the types of materials selected. It's important to figure out your budget and then choose the most important aspects to focus on for the remodel. The main challenge in basement remodeling is the number of obstructions you have to creatively work with and around, such as poles, columns and utilities.
1. Evaluate the space. Be sure to consider potential obstacles to your basement remodel like low ceilings, excessive moisture or ventilation concerns. Determine if your basement needs to be professionally waterproofed before spending tens of thousands of dollars to renovate it as neglecting to address moisture issues will simply result in expensive damage repairs.
2. Determine its use. Meet with family members to determine how a remodeled basement could best fit your needs. Do you need space for your teenage daughter and her friends? Or do you need a guest bedroom for relatives? Would you want a kitchen or a bathroom space that would require plumbing?
Be sure you check for legal requirements in your area that may go along with the purpose you choose for your basement. For example, a bedroom may be required to have an egress window in case of fire, and bathroom plumbing will need to be up to code.
3. Set a budget. List your needs and wants and be aware the cost of a basement remodel project can range from $19,000-$100,000 with an average cost around $28,000 depending on the details you choose. Installing a bathroom in your basement, for instance, could significantly add to the total cost due to the complexity of adding plumbing below grade.
4. Interview basement remodeling contractors. You may be tempted to try and save money by managing a basement remodel yourself, but it's most likely worth it to hire a professional. Check affiliations, licensing and referrals and/or reviews from neighbors and friends before interviewing contractors for the final selection to be sure to avoid choosing a bad remodeler. Contractors who specialize in basement remodeling may be better equipped to handle your project.
5. Understand the scope of the project. Although the basement may be out of sight, if you don't have a walk-out basement, anticipate workers constantly walking through your home with materials to accomplish the project. Also, the project could take four to six weeks.
Some of these great basement finishing pictures should provide you with ideas for your own basement remodeling projects.
Check for any water issues in your basement before beginning the planning process. Obvious signs are pools of water or drips coming through the below-grade walls. Check outside to make sure the ground is graded away from your foundation. Also look for cracks in your foundation walls and repair that damage if necessary.
Basic 3D design of a basement layout. This will help picture how everything will look before the framing process begins.
Finishing the basement increases the value of a home, and since a remodeled basement is attractive to many buyers, it may help sell the home more quickly. Depending on the location of the home and local regulations, a finished basement with the proper features can usually be included in the official square footage of a home's for-sale listing.
Homeowners likely to see the best return on their investment are those who make the newly finished basement attractive and functional, rather than highly personalized.
Spending extravagant amounts of money will not expand the pool of potential buyers. Most buyers look for finished walls, ceilings and floors in a remodeled basement as well as proper wiring to accommodate televisions and computers.
Many buyers have specific plans for the basement, such as media and game rooms, and providing an impersonal, functional space will allow them to personalize the basement to their own tastes and needs.
VirginiaRemodelings.com Can handle any size basement remodel, finishing and renovation. We will handle all aspects of the project from start to finish
CLICK HERE TO
Basement Finish Remodel in Aldie | Basement Finish Remodel in Alexandria | Basement Finish Remodel in Annandale | Basement Finish Remodel in Arlington | Basement Finish Remodel in Ashburn | Basement Finish Remodel in Broad Run | Basement Finish Remodel in Broadlands | Basement Finish Remodel in Burke | Basement Finish Remodel in Catlett | Basement Finish Remodel in Centreville | Basement Finish Remodel in Chantilly |Basement Finish Remodel in Clifton | Basement Finish Remodel in Dulles | Basement Finish Remodel in Dumfries | Basement Finish Remodel in Fairfax |Basement Finish Remodel in Fairfax Station | Basement Finish Remodel in Falls Church | Basement Finish Remodel in Fauquier County | Basement Finish Remodel in Gainesville | Basement Finish Remodel in Great Falls | Basement Finish Remodel in Hamilton | Basement Finish Remodel in Haymarket | Basement Finish Remodel in Herndon | Basement Finish Remodel in Leesburg | Basement Finish Remodel Loudoun County | Basement Finish Remodel Lovettsville | Basement Finish Remodel Manassas | Basement Finish Remodel Marshall | Basement Finish Remodel Mclean | Basement Finish Remodel in Prince William County | Basement Finish Remodel in Purcellville | Basement Finish Remodel in Quantico-triangle | Basement Finish Remodel in Reston | Basement Finish Remodel in Round Hill | Basement Finish Remodel in South Riding | Basement Finish Remodel in Springfield | Basement Finish Remodel Stafford | Basement Finish Remodel in Sterling | Basement Finish Remodel in The Plains |Basement Finish Remodel in Vienna | Basement Finish Remodel in Warrenton | Basement Finish Remodel in Woodbridge
We are a full service residential contractor specializing in quality wormanship with reasonable pricing. We provide our services to all of the Northern Virginia area.
We also have an A+ rating with the BBB.